Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year, New Commitment

It has been an incredibly long time since I last blogged. I am going to give a full update in one post as it will be easier. I am also going to start blogging more. At least I hope. I really had good ideas for this blog, but then life got in the way. Even though I don't have as much time as I did before, I WILL blog. Simple as that. It may not be everyday. Actually, I know it won't be everyday. I will aim for once a week. That will be my goal for 2011. To blog once a week. I promise.

Anyway, here is what has happened since I last posted.

I had a baby. If anyone still reads this, I'm sure you figured that out. Since my last post was about being 34 weeks pregnant. And no one would be 49 weeks pregnant. I will post my full birth story another time. Don't read it if that doesn't interest you. It's mostly for me. I want to have it written down so in the future I will be able to read it, instead of recalling on my faded memory of it. For now, here is the quick version.

September 26, 2010 was my online baby shower. After the shower I went to the hospital to get checked out for leaking. I was told that I was 4 cm, the baby's head was right there, and I was going to give birth within the next 24 hours. I got a room at 2 pm, got my waters broken at 6 pm, started pushing at 8:10 pm, and Benjamin Ernest was born at 9:07 pm. We didn't know the sex of the baby before he was born and it was awesome hearing Paul yell out "He's got a willy!". The next baby will definitely be a surprise too. At birth, he was 7 lb 9 oz and 19 1/4 inches long.

As of today he is 15 weeks and 4 days old (3 1/2 months). I measured him myself last week and he was at 15 lbs and 24 1/2 inches. He is growing like a weed and awesome in every way possible. He rolls front to back, loves to stand, has HUGE smiles, and a cute little bald patch on the back of his head. He is exclusively breastfed, we co-sleep (only until we get his mattress then we will start transitioning to his crib), I wear him in the Moby, and wears cloth diapers. He goes to bed between 8 and 9 pm, sleeps through until 3 - 4 am, has a quick feed and burp (15 minutes total), and goes back to sleep until 6:30-7 am when he starts fussing. To me, that is sleeping through the night and I love it.

At 5 weeks old, my parents and sister flew over from Buffalo to meet him. They spent 2 weeks here that went way too quick. We did lots of sight seeing, but the best part was seeing them spend time with Benjamin.

He's had his first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year, even though they aren't all celebrated in Australia. He's been on the Great Ocean Road, to Bairnsdale, Raymond Island, Wonthaggi, Geelong, Portarlington, and Altona Beach. He's been to the waves pool, and the playground. Pictures are to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment