Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Great Ocean Road!

Every weekend we try to get out of the house. Especially when the kids are with us. We didn't have anywhere specific in mind (we usually don't!) and Chelsea suggested Geelong. On the way there, we pass signs for The Great Ocean Road. I have been wanting to go there again since I arrived in Australia. We've talked about going for a few days in January when the kids are on holiday, but I still keep trying to go earlier. Well, we went for a little while on Saturday! I was so excited because it is so beautiful along the coast. We stopped for lunch on the way down and ended up going to Lorne for about 1 1/2 hours.

Saturday was the Cox Plate, so while in Lorne Paul dropped the kids and I off at the beach and he went to the TAB on the corner to place some bets. I don't have any pictures of us there though because we went on the trampolines and I didn't want to leave my camera unattended. So anyway, Chelsea, Andrew, and I went on the trampolines first. I love trampolines! They were a pretty good deal too at $3 for 10 minutes. We had a nice view of the ocean while we were jumping. After that, the kids went on the playground for a few minutes. It wasn't that spectacular so we moved on down to the beach. Since we weren't planning on going down there, we weren't really dressed for the beach. The kids had fun anyway. They rolled up their jeans as far as possible, but still ended up a little wet. It was one of the best weekends we have had so far!



The view we had when we stopped for lunch.


Right after lunch. Some guy was trying to chat
me up while I was taking pictures.


Chelsea on the ride down.


Andrew wanted the hawk on his hat to be seen.


The Great Ocean Road!


There are a ton of curvy roads like this one.


This was our first stop.


The beautiful view!


Andrew saw a lizard and was trying to get it
out of the grass.






We drove down a little farther and parked
near the beach. Paul stayed in the car while
the kids and I went down to the water.




I loved the waves crashing on the rocks.










Some unusual sea growth.






On the way home, I heard a strange hissing noise.
It sounded like sprinklers were running so I didn't
think anything of it. A few minutes later we
discovered this:


That would be the hissing noise I heard.
Paul changed the tire and we were on our way
home. We were still 2 + hours from home
and in the middle of nowhere so we were a bit
nervous and hoping the tire would hold out.

It was a long day for the little man and he fell
asleep on the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment